Saturday, May 11, 2013

Six Weeks

Blog posts have been slow in coming because lately: either Matilda wants to be held all the time (and standing or walking, of course--no sitting for the Wiggle Princess...) or Blogger refuses to load my pictures. Which is why, for those of you playing at home, the time stamp on this posting is so late.

Her six week mark was yesterday, May 10th. She is smiling (when happy and placid) and also making a hilariously cute little happy baby-laugh sound. It is extremely appealing.

Her facial expressions continue to get more subtle and interesting. She now makes a pouty face when she's slightly unhappy, before she launches into crying. I have yet to get a photo of that one. And her crying is more expressive. She also continues to be wiggly, perhaps even more so than before. I think we have an active little girl on our hands. Not a huge surprise, since she was a very kicky baby in utero. It remains to be seen whether this means soccer, tap dancing, or karate...

Two pics from my phone: 
 That smile! Woo! So great.

And a pic with mom, just in time for Mother's Day: 

I swear her dour expression does not reflect on her mood at the time. It was just a scrunchy pose for her. I will say, in my defense, I am not very good at taking selfie pics with my phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment