Monday, May 20, 2013

Angriest Bear

 When I was super pregnant and getting ready for the baby, I realized we had no outerwear for our child. "It's cold in Vermont in March!" I thought. So I headed over to Junebug, our local baby clothes consignment store, and picked up the most adorably cozy bear suit. I think it's probably a Halloween costume, but it looked great!

Of course, when we brought her home it was woefully too big.

I realized the other day that she would probably never wear it. We're into much warmer temps these days. And if it is cold, we just pile more blankets onto her car seat...it's never really cold inside. Like a true Vermonter baby, she's much more bothered by being too warm than too cold, it seems.

Like a good mother (not really) I decided that I would put her into the bear suit, for the purposes of pictures. She fits it perfectly right now! (At 7 weeks...)





So sad to be a bear....

I'm not sure whether it was because she was too warm or just really bothered by the faux pas of wearing a Halloween costume in May, but being in this bear suit unleashed an inner sadness and rage in our little girl that was kind of adorable. (See, this is the part where I am not really a good mother....) Instead of soothing her immediately...I had to take a couple of pictures. 

There are many people that claim that it is cruel to take pictures of crying babies. But I say that it merely shows another side of their emotional experience. Matilda is a good crier, just like she's good at lots of other things. So here she is crying because she's in a bear suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment