Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day and I have to say, I had a great one. Stu asked me on Friday what I wanted for Mother's Day and I made 3 requests:
1. Dinner at home
2. An unlimited-time shower
3. A family walk

I got my unlimited-time shower first thing after Matilda's early morning nap. This is especially nice because this past week I've been showering while she sleeps, which means they are super-high speed showers, while I listen for her to start wailing. Not very relaxing. I even had time to properly moisturize and put in my contact lenses--what a treat! Then, we headed to breakfast with pastries in Brandon (our usual weekend date). Then we took a nice walk around Brandon--the weather was a little cool, and it threatened rain, but it never did while we were out.



A picture from our walk. Matilda continues to be a great sleeper...

We had baby-family playtime in the afternoon, Matilda was in a super mood, which was really nice. Wiggly, happy, and "laughing".

For dinner, Stu held Matilda and did all of the diaper changes while I made my oven-curry. I know most women would not consider that a Mother's Day treat, but I love to cook. It was nice to just concentrate on cooking, rather than having to constantly stop and tend to my babe. Or, what is more likely recently, try and cook one-handed with her sleeping in my other arm.

What a wonderful first Mother's Day! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and such a sweet daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment