Sunday, April 7, 2013

One week old! (Two days later...)

I tried to update this yesterday, but Google was not having it. Our baby girl was one week old on Friday! It's been a busy first week...trip from the hospital, trip to the hospital, trip to the pediatrician, meeting new friends and neighbors...Everyone is hale and healthy and doing well.
 
This is a pretty typical scene in our house...baby and mama on the couch. 




 Meeting our neighbor, Brie. Our social little baby...Thanks for dinner, Brie!
 

Meeting the contingent from New York--we celebrated her first week with an impromptu gathering. Thanks for dinner, Layne! Shaun and Cam were also here, but sadly I didn't get any photos with them.
   Joel holds a toddler...

Aunt Layne.

And, yes, Joel's giant thumb is the same size as Matilda's foot.


And lastly, I leave you with this ridiculous photo. I was badgering Stu to "look adoringly at his daughter" for the camera. This was the face he came up with. I think genuine adoration looks a little better. Hah!


Matilda has found daddy's nose...Good job, baby!






2 comments:

  1. I love it Abby and Stu. I wanna squeeze that baby and kiss her little foot. I love the picture of Abby sitting on the couch with the clothes all draped on it. That is how it is! And look how happy you all are! <3 Thanks for letting us share your joy. ~ Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Heavens, finding daddy's nose it just about the cutest thing ever. She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete