Saturday, April 20, 2013

A week of Firsts!

Last week was a week of firsts! We had our first family outing (not to a medical appointment).

Dinner at The Shoreham Inn last Sunday. 

 She did pretty well, all things considered. I had to get up and walk her several times, but who needs to eat uninterrupted? I think we were thwarted because we tried to go right before her regular bedtime. Maybe next time we'll go after she's down for the count. Fortunately, the Inn was not very crowded on Sunday night, so I don't think we bothered too many people. Thanks to Molly (Inn owner) for coming to the rescue with camera batteries--mine died right as we were trying to take the pic!  

If you're every in Shoreham, you should definitely eat at The Shoreham Inn. Or stay there. It's a bed and breakfast, too.


On Wednesday this week, I took Matilda to the library with me for the first time. I needed to pay bills and do a little library work. She slept in her moby wrap and met some patrons and volunteers for the first time. Here's me, full-service, public librarian...now with baby attachment. (For added cuteness).



We also went to the Lap-sit storytime program at the library on Thursday. This program is one I run, usually with stories, songs, rhymes, and generally hanging out, the second Thursday of the month for infants and toddlers ages 0-3. This month (and next) it was just a playgroup, since I'm technically on maternity leave. We had a small group, but it was a nice crowd. I also got to see three 2-year-olds who I helped play a co-operative, impromptu, turn-taking game. These kids are the best--I love it!

Matilda, of course, slept in her Moby wrap the whole time. Soaking it all in, I'm sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment